Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Some users seeing all posts centered

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by katenz
I have a small number of users who are seeing all messages centered, rather than left-justified. I've looked at all settings and can't work out what could be causing this. Has anyone had this before? Any ideas where to find a solution?

Thanks
Kate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled

katenz wrote: Has anyone had this before?

The short answer to this question is that, no, I have not seen this kind of thing before.

The centering, or "peculiar" placement of items on your forum could be attributed to a number of factors. The most likely cause is your Joomla template, how it interacts with different web-browsers and on different display platforms.

For example, the forum may render differently if you are viewing it on a desktop PC monitor, a tablet PC or some other mobile device. If you know where your forum traffic is coming from (do you use any website analytic tools, for instance?), which browsers people are using and whether they are usind desktop or mobile devices, this may explain the "some users" aspect of your question.

It's somewhat difficult for me to help you, Kate, when I know nothing about your website. I'm only guessing (I could be wrong) but I hope some of this information helps.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by katenz
Thanks, I'm asking my users for more information. You can see the messages on this topic

Most users are fine but a few have this issue. So far one is using Google Chrome and one Safari. I've checked the forum on most browsers but can't reproduce the issue...

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
I tested with Mozilla Firefox (using different screen sizes) and Internet Explorer and I cannot see any centering of posts in that topic.

As I said (and it's just my opinion) it would be useful to run some website analytics to obtain more information about what platforms your users have when they interact with your website.

It's also possible that your users have an old CSS stylesheet stored in their browser cache. You could suggest to your users to clear their browser cache and/or force a total page refresh. It's possible that this may be the cause of their peculiar problems (and why you and I do not see them).
The following user(s) said Thank You: katenz

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds