Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Using Joomla user groups to define who has moderator rights

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by muldereric
We have recently renewed our guild website and switched to Joomla as CMS and are using Kunena as forum component. It all works really well and we could easily set most options we wanted.
However, there is one thing I still haven't found an answer for.

First of all, our Joomla user group setup is like this:
Public
|— Guest
|— Member
|— Registered
|— Sub_Registered
|— Officer
|— Super Users

Officers are people in the guild that have a leading role. People in this user group should also have global moderator rights. However, because they are no Super Users, every officer has to be individualy marked as global moderator before the can moderate the forum.
Is there a way to assign global moderator rights on Joomla group-level rather than on a user-level basis?
I digged through the FAQ, forums and searched on Google, but couldn't really find a clear answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
At the moment you can only add moderators by user-level.

We want to add this feature, but we have no time frame for this.

Regards

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by rich
You can use the batch function to add more users at the same time.
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by muldereric
Thank you for the replies. It would be a very nice feature to have, but at this time I can live without and I will await future implementation :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by 810
its already in kunena 4. So you can do it already now.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled

muldereric wrote: Is there a way to assign global moderator rights on Joomla group-level rather than on a user-level basis?

As far as I know, Kunena does not use Joomla ACLs to define forum moderators. The method for assigning moderators is explained >>> here <<< and >>> here <<<

Some other forum products allow you to use Joomla ACLs to define forum moderators. As far as I know, Kunena does not use this approach.

I hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds