Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Disable confirmation mail to unregistered users on moderated forums

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by spamsuxx
Hej Kunena users,

I recently installed Kunena on our climbing club website and it works great! Thanks for that awesome piece of software!

One little bummer:
I have a moderated, open to post for unregistered users category. It worked well for some time until spammers figured out that there is an open forum. It is protected via ReCaptcha, but still they manage to post dozens of articles a week which I have to delete.

Furthermore I fear that the automatic confirmation mail feature can lead to the point where our domain will be rated as SPAM-Domain. By using valid mail addresses, the confirmation mail will be send to user which never visited our site or know about it and then hit the SPAM button - completely legit.

I think it is enough to let the user know on the forum site, when he posts the article, that his article was submitted for moderation and will be published afterwards.

Last but not least, I get dozens of "Mail could not be delivered" mails in my admin mail account...

So my question:
Is it possible to disable the confirmation mails for (unregistered) users?

Cheers,
spamsuxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
You could enable the review feature on the category, then the moderator must approve the post.

confirmation mails is a joomla user setting, go to the joomla users manager - click on options, there you can disable the email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds