Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Rank changed to "Editor-in-chief" [SOLVED]

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I used the User Manager of Joomla (not Kunena) and changed a user's rank to "Administrator", "Editor" and "Publisher". Afterwards he appears like this

This rank means "Editor-in-chief". How did that happen? I think have assigned only Super Users to appear as admins. Can you tell me where is the menu which defines which ranks in User Manager are shown into something else in Kunena Forum?

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I have no understanding of what you describe. Perhaps it's a translation error? It really would help if, when you post in the "reporting defects category", you would include your configuration report .

My guess is that you are using a broken Kunena template. If you don't want to change your Kunena template then, I guess, you are just going to have to live with this defect.

Forum ranks are assigned in three ways:

1) Custom ranks (you can allocate a rank to a member of your forum, provided they are not moderators or administrators)
2) Ranks based on the number of messages a person posts
3) Moderators and super users (these ranks are pre-defined within Kunena)

On the other hand, after we have seen your configuration report and it shows that you are using the latest version of Kunena with the latest version of the Kunena translation package and Kunena template, you may be right. This may be a defect introduced in K 4.0.6.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by rich

I used the User Manager of Joomla (not Kunena) and changed a user's rank to "Administrator",

I think have assigned only Super Users to appear as admins.

Both, Super Users and Administrators get the rank Administrator. You can change the rank for this user in the backend "Kunena -> Users -> click on User Name -> Forum Settings".
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds