Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Forum - Create but not Answer

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by GFirehold
Hello,

i have a question, i need the possibility to create a Forum, where users are allowed to post topics, but not allowed to answer on another topic.

Just Moderators shouldt be able.

Is there a given setting?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
The short answer to this often-asked question is yes and no. You can control who can create topics and who can reply to topics using the category settings in the Kunena Category Manager. There is a short tutorial about the Kunena Category Manager in the Wiki article Simple forum setup instructions .

Allowing anyone to post but only the forum moderators to reply is an extension of the basic principles I have outlined above. You need to assign your forum moderators to a Joomla ACL group and then you can use the Kunena Category Manager to allow members of that particular ACL group to be the only ones to reply to topics in those specified categories.

I have produced a video tutorial about how you can allocate your forum moderators to become part of a Joomla ACL group. See How to create a "moderators-only" category .

The difficult part of your question is being able to allow someone to create a topic and be able to continue to reply to that topic but not be able to reply to another topic (started by someone else) in the same category. This kind of feature is often found in help-desk applications. Kunena is not well-suited as a true one-on-one help desk application.

So, to answer the second part of your question, it's a lot more difficult to control that level of granularity down to the single user. Kunena uses Joomla ACLs to control forum security. Joomla typically does not assign a unique ACL group to each individual user (in the same way as, perhaps, you might find in enterprise-wide implementation of a commercial operating system). If Joomla allocated an individual ACL group to each individual user then you could create a category for each user to ask their question. It's possible but it's messy.

Kunena is primarily used as a web-based discussion forum: many people discussing topics with many other people replying. If you want a web-based "expert-panel" consulting application, I think you might be better to search for a help-desk application on the JED .

I hope some of this information helps.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by GFirehold
First, thanks for your reply.

In amount your answer is not yes and no...its no.

I dont want the Forum as one-on-one helpdesk platform.
I just need that feature for one Forum of a projekct, where players of the project can post their application to get unbanned. And no other user shouldt be able to post under it.

Nearly every Forum-Software offer a feature like that, so i just wanted to ask if kunena offer that too, so the answer is no, thats really sad.

Does anyone know a plugin for Kunena to bring up that feature?

Thanks in advance

More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

GFirehold wrote: I just need ... where players of the project can post their application to get unbanned [and] no other user should be able to post under it.

Leaving aside the question about how people were banned in the first place, the answer to your question is yes unless these people are prevented from being able to login to your website.

So, before I give you more information, I want to be absolutely sure that I understand your question. Are the people, whom you want to be able use the forum to request that they be unbanned, prevented from logging-in to your website?

There are other ways you can allow people to send their applications to request the restoration of their privileges. Perhaps the easiest method is to create an email account, allow your forum moderators to have access to this email account, and put a signpost on your site that says "Send your request to be unbanned to this email address". Simple, if that is the only thing that you want to do.

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by GFirehold
Ah no, i mixed up some things.
The Forum is for a project which provide a gameserver for several games. And when you got banned in the game, you shouldt be able for a unban request.

But in this request there shouldt just the topic-starter and the moderators be able to write things, no other User.

So i need a Forum:
- Normal User (logged in) can create Topics
- Normal User can reply to own topic
- Normal User cant reply to other topics in this Category (but their own)
- Moderators have full access to this Category

Hope now its more clear :)

Thanks in advance

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Forum - Create but not Answer
I am sorry, but point three is not possible.

- Normal User (logged in) can create Topics = ok
- Normal User can reply to own topic = ok
- Normal User cant reply to other topics in this Category (but their own) = not possible
- Moderators have full access to this Category = ok
The following user(s) said Thank You: GFirehold

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by GFirehold
Is there a Kunena Plugin which can handle this?

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Forum - Create but not Answer
I have no idea whether there is a plugin for this option. :(

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds