Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How can I use/display the avatar in another module

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by oconnor
Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I am currently using alphauserpoints with the Kunena forum. Now i know that Kunena pulls the avatar from alphauserpoints profiles to display it in the forum.

What I am wondering is whether it is possible to use that same function to display the aplhauserpoints profile avatar in the joomla login module once the user has logged in.?

Any help is very much appreciated. If any additional information is needed please let me know.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled

oconnor wrote: I am wondering ... whether it is possible to ... to display the AlphaUserPoints profile avatar in the Joomla login module once the user has logged in?

I would like to make two points:

1) This looks to be a question about AlphaUserPoints and it probably belongs in the AlphaUserPoints category.
This message contains confidential information

2) When you wrote that you want to use the AlphaUserPoints avatar with the Joomla login module, I do not understand how this relates to Kunena. Yes, it's true that it's possible to use AlphaUserPoints avatars with Kunena. I am not quite sure how to address your question without seeing further information from your configuration report .

It may or may not be easily possible to display the AlphaUserPoints avatar on the login module depending on how, exactly, you have rigged your site.

==== Off-topic ====

Did you resolve your other question ?

== End Off-topic ==

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by oconnor
I am sorry for the hastle, my knowledge in coding is very limited.

I just thought that since Kunena pulls the avatar from alphauserpoints, that it would be possible to just copy that code over to another module.

I will look further into it on the alphauserpoints section. I have pasted my configuration report below just in case.

Thank you for your help none the less.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.5 | creationdate: 2015-08-17

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.5 | 2015-08-17 [ Turnau ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 2.0.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by oconnor.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am not 100% sure that I understand what you meant when you wrote

oconnor wrote: ... display the AlphaUserPoints profile avatar in the Joomla login module ...

The screenshot below shows the standard Joomla login module (on protostar):

Is this what you meant? :dry:

If this is what you meant, then it is not a simple matter of "copying" some code to replace the Joomla login module software. There may, however, be a different login module that you could use to display the AlphaUserPoints user avatar on your website, if I have correctly interpreted what you mean. If I have misunderstood your question, you may like to post a screenshot to show what you are talking about.

You may also like to modify your forum integration plugin settings to what I have shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Enabled: activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 activity_points_limit=0
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor changes; minor change to subject

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by oconnor
Hi and thank you for your prompt reply.

I was indeed referring to the login module displayed above. However if there is a different login module that would allow the display of the avatar then I would be interested very much!

I have also made the modification to the kunena plugin as suggested.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by oconnor.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
I do not know much about AlphaUserPoints (or whether the software developers of that product have a different login module that you can display on your home page). That's something you may need to ask them.

There is a Kunena Login module available on the download page but I do not know if it integrates with AlphaUserPoints. I have not used the Kunena Login module and I do not know how well it may work for your purposes. I have never used AlphaUserPoints and I am not in a position to provide you with any instant answers about your particular question.

I hope some of what I have written may help.

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oconnor

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds