Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to delete user replies and topics and stop spam.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by oconnor
Hi there,
hope you are well.

Could someone explain to me how I can delete a users topic or reply to a topic?

I keep getting the following error:
Error
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

Also is there anyway to automatically stop spam? Like limiting the time before a user can post again.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
in the security tab on the kunena config you have several option to prevent spam. I also suggest to use recaptcha.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled

oconnor wrote: Could someone explain to me how I can delete a users topic or reply to a topic?

I am not sure that I understand the question.

Are you asking how to delete your own topic or are you asking how to delete a topic that someone else created? Are you talking about how to do this in your own forum or are you asking about how to do this in a forum that is managed by someone else. You may find the information in this article is helpful: Moderator's tools . Unfortunately this article is out-of-date and there is no user documentation for Kunena 4.0.

On the second part of your question, I cannot understand why you are unable to locate the REPLY or QUICK REPLY options on your forum. It may help if you watch the video that will help you submit your configuration report .

oconnor wrote: I keep getting the following error:
Error
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

Yes, this sometimes happens if the Kunena session time (default value is 30 minutes) is different to your Joomla session time (default value is 15 minutes).

You might find some of this information helpful:

oconnor wrote: Also is there anyway to automatically stop spam? Like limiting the time before a user can post again.

I have written much on this subject. You may find the information in this article can help: How to stop forum spam in Kunena
The following user(s) said Thank You: oconnor

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by oconnor
Thank you! Solved.

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled

oconnor wrote: Thank you! Solved.

Thanks. You may want to mark this topic as solved. You can reply or edit any of your messages to change the topic icon to a green tick ( ).

Can you tell us what was the problem that you had, please, and how you solved it?

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds