Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Cannot post topic in K 4.0.3

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by rob parker
I'm wanting to use Kunena 4.0.3 on a Joomla 3.4 website, and I'm testing on a localhost installation. I have set up Section and Category items, and published them. All have access control set to joomla:level, with Category Permissions set to:
Access: Public
User Groups Allowed To Post: Manager, Registered, Super Users
User Groups Allowed To Reply: Manager, Registered, Super Users

I have the following Joomla users set up:
rob - Registered
rob-admin - Super User

When I installed K 4.0.3, forum user records were created for these users, and I can see them in the administrator User Manager, with the following Rank:
rob - New Member
rob_admin - Administrator

When I log in to the forum as either of these users, and attempt to create a New Topic, I receive a "You do not have permissions to start a new topic!" notice.

What am I missing here?

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The discussion has been continued in Still cannot post in Kunena 4.0.3 - configuration report included . These two topics deal with the same subject; they can be merged and marked as solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds