Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Our poll options are out of order (please see attached image).Why? Plz help fix.:-)

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by GODpleasers
Our poll options are out of order (please see attached image).Why? Plz help fix.:-)

Any how ideally the order we would like is...

1 Seconds
2 Seconds
3 Seconds
4 Seconds
5 Seconds
6 Seconds
7 Seconds
8 Seconds
9 Seconds
10 Seconds
11 Seconds
12 Seconds
13 Seconds
14 Seconds
15 Seconds or more (please state how much more)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : fiery_sunset | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.3 | creationdate: 2015-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.3 | 2015-06-29 [ Possagno ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.10 | Jomsocial 3.1.0.2 | UddeIM 3.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am a bit surprised by this question. I was not aware that poll options were sorted; poll options should appear in the same order that they were entered when the poll was created. For example, look at the one of the polls here on this website where you will see the options display in no apparently logical order.

Poll settings in Kunena are controlled in two places:

1) in the configuration settings Extras » Poll Settings where you can enable polls, set the maximum number of poll options, control much time must elapse between successive votes from a single user and the maximum number of votes they may have (in a multiple voting environment), single or multiple voting, and whether or not to display the names of the people who have voted; and

2) for each category in the Category Manager » <category> » Category Settings, where you choose to allow or not allow polls in that category (by default, polls are not allowed).

There is no option (that I am aware of) that controls the order of how the poll options are displayed.

I cannot explain why your poll options are displayed in ascending order (1, 10, 11, 12, 13, ... 2, 3, etc.) when I compare your results with the way things work here at www.kunena.org . Poll options are stored in the table _kunena_polls_options for each pollid, the options should display in the order of pollid; in your case, the options seem to be displayed in the order of text.

One possible reason is that there's a glitch somewhere in your database (for example, I notice that your configuration report shows you have the plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3 are installed for no apparent reason) but, to be completely honest with you, I cannot explain this phenomenon that you're experiencing. :unsure: I have not looked at the source code but, perhaps, the developers may have a different explanation.

It's also entirely possible that the developers added a new " feature " that I was unaware of. I am discovering additional new "features" in Kunena with each new release of K 4.0. :whistle:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by rich
I'm not sure if it's a bug. It sorts the number one before two after save.

Example with your 15 options:
The result after save.
option 1
option 10
option 11
option 12
option 13
option 14
option 15
option 2
option 3
option 4
option 5 and so on

sozzled wrote: It's also entirely possible that the developers added a new " feature " that I was unaware of. I am discovering additional new "features" in Kunena with each new release of K 4.0. :whistle:

It is the same with Kunena 3.0.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

rich wrote:

sozzled wrote: It's also entirely possible that the developers added a new " feature " that I was unaware of. I am discovering additional new "features" in Kunena with each new release of K 4.0. :whistle:

Perhaps xillibit (who is the person who knows most about Kunena polls) can comment?

More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
this is not a default behavior, I can't reproduce this issue

More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by xillibit

sozzled wrote:

rich wrote:

Perhaps xillibit (who is the person who knows most about Kunena polls) can comment?

rich has right the poll functionnality hasn't changed in Kunena 4.0, i will check to see to what is going on..

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by GODpleasers
That is odd for some reason shows JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3 are installed but they are not.

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by 810
check if the files are deleted: plugins/community/kunenagroups

More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by GODpleasers

810 wrote: check if the files are deleted: plugins/community/kunenagroups

Nope not their :dry:

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds