Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Best way to promote a post?

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by ssh
Please help,

I will like to start selling "Promotion Service" within my forum:
Only for existing posts within the forum
Only internal promotion
Payments made via Paypal

For example, if someone is willing to pay US$10 for promote his post in the forum...
I need a solution to promote his post in a effectively manner with a semi or fully automatic process via Paypal checkout or something like that.

I think it's a sin to not monetize your site if you have the proper knowledge and tools.

a brainstorm is welcome ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Best way to promote a post?
I will be completely open and honest with you and say that I do not think it's possible to automatically "promote" a message or topic within a Kunena forum based on some monetary "triggering" mechanism. By all means, if you want to promote a message in some way, there are probably a thousand ways to do that.

You could, for example, create a custom module that is displayed on your forum pages that links to a "promoted" message.

This is not really a problem that can be addressed by Kunena, per se; it's more of a general website management issue; everyone will have a different opinion as to the best way to tackle this issue. I would suggest that this topic has been posted in the wrong forum category on this website. In my opinion, it would be better relocated in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category ... but what would I know? I'm only a simple, ordinary user around here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds