Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Custom icons for categories

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Custom icons for categories
In the Wiki is states:

Changing category icons in K 4.0 is simply a matter of replacing any or all of the files referred to below:

../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/images/icons/folder.png
../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/images/icons/folder_nonew.png
../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/images/icons/folder_sm.png
../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/images/icons/folder_nonew_sm.png

This is not entirely true. It is not "simply" a matter of replacing those files as the evidence (and questions asked by members of this community) has convincingly demonstrated. The main point that I have been consistently making (about category and topic icons) is that there is an absence of useful, understandable user documentation on this matter.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #12 by romagromov
Ok, thanks.

Method with custom.css works fine.

But I still can't understand why it so difficult... :blink:

Why webmasters can't simply upload icons when they creating categories in admin panel... :huh:

It would be easy and convenient, more importantly it saves a lot of time. ;)

Download Free Software for Windows absolutly free.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled

romagromov wrote: hy webmasters can't simply upload icons when they creating categories in admin panel...

Kunena has never had this kind of facility in the 7 years that it has existed. That's a different issue entirely.

The point that I am trying to make is that the user documentation is wrong and that 810's instructions (see below)

are only partly correct.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #14 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Custom icons for categories

sozzled wrote: The point that I am trying to make is that the user documentation is wrong

This documentary is not wrong! It works still in this way with Blue Eagle. Also with on and off gif.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled

rich wrote: This documentary is not wrong! It works still in this way with Blue Eagle. Also with on and off gif.

There are two comments I want to make in reply:

1) There is no information about Crypsis in this user documentation. The documentation states "changing category icons in K 4.0 is simply a matter of replacing any or all of the files referred to below". This instruction is incorrect as far as helping people who use Crypsis.

2) The development team has been clear that it is the intention to abandon support for Blue Eagle in about three months' time . With no support for users of Blue Eagle, by forcing people to use Crypsis, and with no adequate user documentation, how can we expect to be able to help people who as confused about category icons as I am?

The information provided by 810 earlier is only partly correct. It does not show how to set the different "on" and "off" states with Crypsis.

I think we would all be saving ourselves a lot of time if, instead of arguing who is right and who is wrong, someone fixed the user documentation in a way that was easy to understand and that applied to Crypsis as well as Blue Eagle.

More
8 years 8 months ago #16 by ShockPuppet
Sorry to chip in on someone else's thread but why on earth isn't the process of changing the icon more intuitive? KISS should apply here imho

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #17 by Jean-Baptiste
Hi guys !

I read all the topic and I dont understand how the issue was solved. It seems like it worked in the end but no explanations came up for why it suddenly works. I am actually having issue too to change the icon for every topic, even if I follow this method :
www.kunena.org/docs/en/manual/backend/categories/category-icons

I am using the blue Eagle template. In order to be sure that it would work the first time, I renamed the new icon "icon-gs" just like in the example.

I uploaded it in components\com_kunena\template\blue_eagle\images\icons\icon-gs.png

I entered this into the custom.css file :

#Kunena .icon-gs {
background-image: url("../images/icons/icon-gs.png");
width: 16px;
height:16px;
}

after clearing the cache, the old icon has disapeared for this specific category, but the new icon does not appear.

if you have a bit of time, could you tell me what I am doing wrong in the process ?

Thank you your support
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Jean-Baptiste.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #18 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Custom icons for categories
This tutorial works.

Maybe the image is to big? The image size must be adjusted before it will uploaded. Otherwise, it may be that only a section of the image is displayed.

Example if you upload a image 100x100px and your code is width: 16px; height:16px;:
It shows only the left segment within the black square. When the image-background is transparent or has the same color as the forum then you see nothing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds