Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Change Default Height of Message Box

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by PlaneCDR
Greetings,

I have several users that typically write very long posts. Does anybody know what code I need to change to establish a new default height for the Quick Reply and Reply message blocks?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by PlaneCDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Which Kunena version and template do you use?

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by PlaneCDR
Kunena 4 and Blue Eagle. Thanks!

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
If you use K 4.0 + Blue Eagle (most people use this template), you can use the enlarge/shrink settings to adjust the size of the Message area. If you want to make the default size large, you can adjust it with a bit of CSS (something like):
Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { height: 400px; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: PlaneCDR

More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by PlaneCDR
Worked like a charm. You are a rock star! Thanks :-)

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
No problems, mate. Glad to have been of some service. The CSS I gave you works with the "standard" Reply form. The Quick Reply form needs to be tweaked differently. One of the problems in applying a tweak to the Quick Reply form is to restrict the scope.

Personally, because I'm one of those "weird" guys who likes to to have the BBcode toolbar available to do all the fancy formatting, etc., I rarely use the Quick Reply form. I guess it's just a personal preference. Most people (possibly as high as 90% of people) who use web-based discussion forums just type words and never use emoticons, or bolding, italicising, underlining, and so forth. Although those features are accessible if you use the Quick Reply version, it requires some understanding of BBcode .

Perhaps—because people often rarely do anything more than type plain text—that's another reason why the new Crypsis template makes the Quick Reply form accessible with a single mouse-click but the standard Reply form requires two mouse-clicks? It puzzles me why it's done like that. For me, anyway, it's a bit of a nuisance and, perhaps, that's a further reason why people seem to be reluctant to use Crypsis on their sites, opting to use Blue Eagle instead? :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by mjind
Hi- I would like to fix this in the Crypsis template?

Thanks!

More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by 810
For Crypsis try add this in the custom

Code:
#kbbcode-message { height: 400px; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjind

More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by mjind
Heh! Worked. Thanks Jelle!

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds