Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved post by email

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by fridi
post by email was created by fridi
Was this ever integrated like mentioned here ?

Or is there another solution? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic post by email
no

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by cyborgprime
Replied by cyborgprime on topic post by email
I'd really like to phase out my users' use of Yahoo groups.. but they whine about how they can't just post to Kunena by replying to the posting notification in their email.

If this isn't a standard option now, what is the preferred method? Is there an extension that does this?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic post by email

cyborgprime wrote: I'd really like to phase out my users' use of Yahoo groups.. but they whine about how they can't just post to Kunena by replying to the posting notification in their email.

If this isn't a standard option now, what is the preferred method? Is there an extension that does this?

I don't know anything about your business or what your website does, but I am aware of at least one extension —although I have never tried it myself and I don't know if it works—that may do the job.

My personal view, in responding to people who whine about not being able to reply by email, goes something like this:

Yes, I suppose we could have a reply-by-email facility that would mean you wouold never have to visit the site, login and use the forum. But consider what you else you will be missing out on? All the other features of the site; you would never see those things if you never came here, would you?

The forum at my websites is a key part of what my websites provide but it is not the only thing that my websites offer to people who visit. Yes, it's important that people can interact with my websites but if they never had to visit my sites (if only to post on the forum) they would miss out on all the other stuff, too.

... and that's not only my personal opinion. I think a lot of website owners would feel similarly.

We've had discussions on this subject before and my opinion hasn't changed over the years.

Yes, it may be theoretically possible to "solve" the problem with technology but I think it would cause other problems. If I was in your situation, I would try to have a conversation with the community and explain why it might be better to visit the site every so often. ;)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by cyborgprime
Replied by cyborgprime on topic post by email
the answer is never "why dont you just use it in a way that's not useful to you?" or "I dont see how it is useful to me, so I'll just ignore the years of customer requests".

Does anybody out there have anything HELPFUL to add?

More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic post by email
this is a free software, the developers are the only people that can decide in what they will spend their time on, if you really need "post by email" you can support the dev team and paying for the development.

Dont just expect that they will add features to serve the needs of a very limited amount of people...

There fare more important features needed to be implemented in kunane to keep it relevant and in step with changes to the online environment

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic post by email
For every one person who goes to the bother of requesting this, there are bound to be ten that want it but can't be bothered requesting it.

How much money is needed to get the developers to work on this?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #8 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic post by email

bcraigie wrote: How much money is needed to get the developers to work on this?

That is a good question.
I once suggested to have these features crowdfunded : if people really want it, then they can contribute by other means then developing and testing etc.

First step I think is to come up with functional requirements. Based on that the Kunena developers can give a quote (or not).
We can even ask other (non-kunena developers) for a quote.

Based on that quote we can start crowdfunding.

One of the important things for me is that the developed functionality will be part of Kunena and not yet another plugin.
If the Kunena developers are open for this kind of (code) contributions, I am sure that Kunena will sky rocket :)

What do you think, are you up for mocking up the functional requirements?

sharing = caring
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ruud.

More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic post by email
Hello,

It's a good first step if you can describe in details how you want the feature and how you want use it. You can said how you see it, then we can look to implement it in a second time when we have enough time.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic post by email

xillibit wrote: then we can look to implement it in a second time when we have enough time.

One of the success factors of an open source 'product' is the ability for others to contribute... just as a challenge: are you open for code from other code contributors (even ones we pay to develop functionality)?

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds