Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved unwanted side effect of 'Recover crash and store fields'=yes

More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by ruud
Hi,
on my installation I use Crypsis and have the feature 'Recover crash and store fields' set to yes.
Works perfectly...
almost :)
because when I create a new topic and fill in all the fields, press submit the topic is created.
so far so good.
When I create a second topic, all the fields are prefilled with the values of the previous topic...

this is confusing! When a new topic is created you are safe to assume that the 'remembered' values are not needed any more and so do not need to be recovered :)

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think the values should be cleared when you create the new topic/reply, i need to look to do it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by ruud
Hi, although the setting its name 'Recover crash and store fields' the main usage is I think the switching from quick reply to full reply > fields are restored.
But the question is how you recover from a crash? when I create a new topic and fill the fields > my site crashes and I restart, then I will again create a new topic and the fields are restored. So I think the challenge is on how to differentiate between a new topic and a new topic due to a crash recovery.

Thinking of that. perhaps the fields should NOT be cleared when you start a new topic, but should be cleared when successfully posting a topic / reply (at that time there is no need for recovery as your information is successfully published.

sharing = caring

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by ruud
any news on this? still present in 4.0.5
If there is someting I can do to help, please let me know :)

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds