Blue Eagle (1.5.0) for K5.1 is released (20 Jul 2018)

Please update the Kunena Blue Eagle to 1.5.0 if you use Kunena 5.1.
We made several bug fixes and improvements. Also Blue Eagle has now all the features from Crypsis.
Download: www.kunena.org/download/templates/category/blue-eagle-5

Question unwanted side effect of 'Recover crash and store fields'=yes

More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by ruud
Hi,
on my installation I use Crypsis and have the feature 'Recover crash and store fields' set to yes.
Works perfectly...
almost :)
because when I create a new topic and fill in all the fields, press submit the topic is created.
so far so good.
When I create a second topic, all the fields are prefilled with the values of the previous topic...

this is confusing! When a new topic is created you are safe to assume that the 'remembered' values are not needed any more and so do not need to be recovered :)

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think the values should be cleared when you create the new topic/reply, i need to look to do it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by ruud
Hi, although the setting its name 'Recover crash and store fields' the main usage is I think the switching from quick reply to full reply > fields are restored.
But the question is how you recover from a crash? when I create a new topic and fill the fields > my site crashes and I restart, then I will again create a new topic and the fields are restored. So I think the challenge is on how to differentiate between a new topic and a new topic due to a crash recovery.

Thinking of that. perhaps the fields should NOT be cleared when you start a new topic, but should be cleared when successfully posting a topic / reply (at that time there is no need for recovery as your information is successfully published.

sharing = caring

More
3 years 1 day ago #4 by ruud
any news on this? still present in 4.0.5
If there is someting I can do to help, please let me know :)

sharing = caring

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds