Kunena 6.3.2 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.2 [K 6.3.2] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3
Note: Please go to the Kunena Dashboard after an upgrade so that the Kunena database tables are also updated.

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Session timeout

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1 by makitso
Session timeout was created by makitso
Joomla 4.4.3, Kunena  6.2.4.
I have the Joomla timeout is set to 60 minutes. The kunena session timeout is set to 3600 seconds. 
However, I have Kunena users complaining about their session timing out while editing a post sooner than these limits.
Am I missing somethin

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 900 seconds | Max execution memory: 1000M | Max file upload: 

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : cassiopeia_webtrees | author: Rob | version: 1.0 | creationdate: August 2023

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.2.4 | creationdate: 2024-02-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.2.4 | 2024-02-11 [ Git Repository ]
    | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 6.0.5 | Kunena Search 6.0.5

Joomla 4.4.2
Kunena 6.2.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Session timeout
Does this happen often? It can always happen that you are logged out even though the time limit has not been exceeded. This has always happened in Joomla and can happen in the frontend as well as in the backend.
The setting "User Edit Grace Time = 3600" in the configuration (tab Users) does not help you in this respect, as it only has a function in connection with "User Edit Time".
This means that if you only give permission to edit for a certain time, e.g. 20 minutes. After that, the user has 20 minutes before the edit button disappears.
But if he has opened the edit window within these 20 minutes, he will have as much time until to edit and sending as specified in "User Edit Grace Time".
This is not relevant for you, as you always allow editing.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3 by makitso
Replied by makitso on topic Session timeout
I have no idea what the users are doing when they get a timeout.  If I open an edit window and type something and they wait for 59 minutes then press the return key and the session is still alive.

Joomla 4.4.2
Kunena 6.2.3

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds