Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Integrate Kunena into Joomla search

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #1 by michael.lange
Hi!
Is there any known way to integrate Kunena 6 into native Joomla 4 search?

I have tried it with finder aka smart search. But search results have wrong forum URLs. This bug (?) seems to date back to Kunena 5:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/6025
www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/153024...%C2%B4t-found#202031

Then I wanted to use the old simple search. I have not found a Kunena plugin for that. So no results from Kunena appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by michael.lange. Reason: Wrong Smily

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 23 hours ago #2 by ssnobben
you cant use old simple search with Joomla 4..

More
7 months 22 hours ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

It's possible to use com_search on Joomla! 4 : www.kunena.org/forum/k-6-10-support/1679...k6-1?start=10#228723

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 months 1 hour ago #4 by rich
I have tested our plugin without com_search and get no error message, but unfortunately no search result either.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #5 by btc

I have tested our plugin without com_search and get no error message, but unfortunately no search result either.

@rich, do you mean "I have tested our plugin WITH com_search..."?

I'm very keen to use com_search with Kunena in J4. xillibit has tried updating it, but it still doesn't work on my website.

Both the Fabrik search and acymailingsearch plugins work well on J4 without any changes from the versions that work on J3. But that's not the case with Kunena.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #6 by btc

Do you mean, "I have tested our plugin WITH com_search..."?

I'm very keen to be able to use com_search with Kunena. xillibit has tried making some updates, but I still can't get it to work on my development website.

Interestingly, Fabrik and Acymailingsearch plugins both work in J4 without any changes to the versions for J3. But that isn't the case for Kunena.

I've found some advice on how to install com_search on a J4 website that hasn't been upgraded from J3:  fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/qu...h.53721/#post-280966

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #7 by rich
I had tested our search plugin without com_search, as it should show the forum results even without this plugin.
With com_search I also got this error like you.

More
6 months 1 week ago #8 by btc
Will you be trying again to get the Kunena search plugin working? It would be extremely useful.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds