Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Joomla / Kunena upgrade

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1 by Smirnov
I made an attempt to upgrade the forum to v.6 and Joomla 4... But I had to roll it back. I have two questions.

1. How do I correctly assign the open_basedir path for kunena? -

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/mstp/libraries/kunena/External/composer/../../../../../src/libraries/kunena/Administrator/Extension/ForumComponent.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (*******************************) in /var/www/mstp/libraries/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 507

2. My forum has a large number of announcements, including new ones. Immediately after the upgrade, I got an announcement on the main page that was published four years ago. How can I fix it? 

P.S. What's going on with the forum, guys? I don't think it's safe. I can't say any more than that...

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Smirnov.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Joomla / Kunena upgrade

2. My forum has a large number of announcements, including new ones. Immediately after the upgrade, I got an announcement on the main page that was published four years ago. How can I fix it? 

Hello,

For that there is a fix for the 6.0.8 developpement version : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/82...40066666f549ae28182a

P.S. What's going on with the forum, guys? I don't think it's safe. I can't say any more than that...

I need to investigate

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3 by Smirnov
Replied by Smirnov on topic Joomla / Kunena upgrade

For that there is a fix for the 6.0.8 developpement version : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/82...40066666f549ae28182a

Hello.
Thanks, xillibit. But what about open_basedir?
For Joomla it's something like:

/var/www/site_dir:/var/lib/php/session:/var/www/site_dir/tmp:/var/www/site_dir/log

But this is the first time I see that kunena requires its own special path for open_basedir.

I need to investigate

This could pose a real security risk to the forum. Heck, there's no PM here and I can't tell you more... However, you don't need my advice.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Smirnov.

More
1 year 4 months ago #4 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Joomla / Kunena upgrade
Hello
maybe you can try this if you can get to your php.ini
stackoverflow.com/questions/51260925/how...low-url-fopen-in-php

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 4 months ago #5 by xillibit

I need to investigate

This could pose a real security risk to the forum. Heck, there's no PM here and I can't tell you more... However, you don't need my advice.

I have found a fix for it yesterday, it's in place here

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #6 by Smirnov
Replied by Smirnov on topic Joomla / Kunena upgrade

For that there is a fix for the 6.0.8 developpement version :  github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/82...40066666f549ae28182a  

Hmm. This is a critical error. Which should not be in the stable version of the forum... imho. I do not understand how the forum is supposed to work in production, if there is such an unpleasant problem.

How soon is the release of Kunena v.6.0.8 planned?
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Smirnov.

More
1 year 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
The release of Kunena 6.0.8 will be done during january

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds