Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Error Code Info

More
1 year 4 months ago #1 by WHS
Error Code Info was created by WHS
I posted this a few mins ago (I thought) but now can't find it so I may have messed something   This is prob not in the right section but feel free to move it.  It is a problem that is right there in front of us in the code itself.  I would have replied to them but they were archived and I could not.

I had (already fixed) an error in removing a moderator after installing J4 and Kuenea 6 on my test site yesterday.  I decided to check the latest J4 series and latest Kunena series on my main site and found the problem there as well, I just didn't know it at the time.  It looks like the problem was there already then moved to the new stuff at the test site.

I found 2 posts on this forum in a search that led me to a fix, neither was the problem for me but I noticed the problem when I looked at the error code more closely and the answer is in the error code itself.  In one post I found from 3 years ago and one from a little over 4 months ago had the same problem.  The last one was 4 months ago here - ,-all-user-have-administrator-rank#223784   sorry about the link, I don't see a link button above.

I checked the Joomla user list and it was all correct, this only showed up for me in the Kunena user list which was different. 

The error code is -  0 DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (11/30/-0001) at position 5 (/): Unexpected character

The problem is right in the error as (11/30/-0001), the (/): Unexpected character / is the character problem I guess but if you look a the error it shows (11/30/-0001) containing BOTH a / and - at the end.  Taking the - out fixed it for me, but taking out the slashes and changing them to dashes seems like is what the error code wants done.  It seems the real problem for the error is the unexpected extra character.

I don't know a lot about code, really just enough to be dangerous most of the time lol, but I am more observant and determined than anyone I know, and not afraid to blow or mess things up whatever I'm doing or working on.  That's how I've learned a lot of what I have over the past 50 years, when everything else mentioned or reasonable fails, look more closely or start trying other  

I set up an account and posted this because I'm trying to help a little after this forum has been so much help for me.  I'm moving into this new stuff now on my testsite and have been reading here a lot and just wanted to return the favor.  I love the Kunena forum, have used it for about 7 years and will always stick with it because of the support given here.  I hope this helps the Kunena peeps here, and others who are like I am and mostly read here a lot.  If I see other things like this now that I have an account I will come here and say something, and actually ask for help in my own posts too.

Thanks,
Geno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Error Code Info
Hello,

Thanks for the report, but can-you describe steps by steps how to reproduce the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 4 months ago #3 by WHS
Replied by WHS on topic Error Code Info

Hello,

Thanks for the report, but can-you describe steps by steps how to reproduce the issue ?

Morning Xillibit. 

I found it when doing some clean up as suggested on the Kunena 6 upgrade page.  I wasn't looking for errors, just cleaning up some things and checking things out.  I went in the Kunena users to change a few users that had not been online for a long time from moderator to registered and it would not let me, that is when the error popped up.  I found it first after installing J4 and upgrading the forum to K6 on one of my test sites a few days ago.  All worked well except that error, and if I had not went to change that user I may have not known at all. 

I checked my main site and it was there as well.  I found out that the information must have been carried over from a clone of my main site that had the latest Joomla 3 and Kunena 5 installs on it already.  I keep the main site current as possible with what will work on J3.  After fixing the issue on the main site I cloned the main site again to my 2 test sites to start over and have J4.2.5 on them and will be putting K6.0.6 on one of them this morning.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #4 by WHS
Replied by WHS on topic Error Code Info
The install went easy and worked well, all was done according to this page -

I've been doing things in Kunena config and other sections, changing users back and forth, making replies, and no problems with error reporting at maximum and debug on.  All of the categories, member count, and post counts match the main site.  My fancy smileys are gone replaced with the originals but I can move them from the main site folder.  Only thing I see is my avatar isn't showing on the login spot in the Kunena menu, and my user name and avatar isn't showing in the Members section, it only shows "Total users online: 1 Member and 6 Guests Online" The settings are right in config but I'll find it later.  The good thing is everything else works just like it did, all the data came back as it was, and that is really good news. 

The only error I had in the beginning was Aurelia was not set as default instead of Crypsis b4 which was gone anyway.

Nice job on the new forum as well, it worked as soon as it was installed other than putting some settings in the config back the way it was, minus the 2 things mentioned above.  I am a very happy camper lol.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by WHS. Reason: trying to insert link that disappeared

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds