Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Redirecting to a special Url only for some Joomla Users group

More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by ita4012
Hi.

I have some pages of my Forum (I use Kunena to build it) which are reserved (and visible) only to some special Users with an account as Supporters (which is a special Joomla Group for Users of my site).

When a non Supporter users tries to open a link related to one of those pages, it gets a default error message, that you can see in attachment.

Is it possible to redirect this kind of user to another page (e.g. with an article), with an invite to subscribe as users.

It seem that Joomla redirecting can't be set only for some special users.

How to do that? Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by rich
This does not work. You cannot call two different addresses with one link (depending on the user group). I don't understand why you make these links to the articles available to everyone if they are only intended for a specific user group.
My suggestion:
Create an access level named Extra Group
At Viewing Access, select your Supporter Group
Then you can make these menu items accessible only to supporters.
For non supporters, create a separate article e.g. Supporter Info that you make accessible to all.

More
1 year 3 months ago #3 by ita4012

I don't understand why you make these links to the articles available to everyone if they are only intended for a specific user group.

Those links are about weather forecasts, and I share the piece of news on social network, to let everybody know that they are available on my website. But, then, I want that only Subscribers can read them.

On joomla.org forum, someone suggested to do like this:  docs.joomla.org/Auto_redirect_guests_to_login

I will work on that.

Thanks

More
1 year 3 months ago #4 by rich
I know this solution, it's even easier (see picture). But it works only between guests and registered users. But if I understood your first post correctly, there are 3 groups. Guests, Registered Users and Supporters. But between normal Registered Users and Supporters this solution doesn't work, because Supporters are also registered and therefore see both links (for registered Users and Supporters).

Example:

The following user(s) said Thank You: ita4012

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds