Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #1 by gingerweb
When someone posts to a forum category Kunena sends the notification emails out to the subscribers but the emails dont arrive to Gmail users, this is the header response:

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;XXXXXXX@xmail dot com
Remote-MTA: dns;
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 This message is not RFC 5322 compliant, the issue is:
 550-5.7.1 duplicate To headers. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please review
 550 5.7.1  RFC 5322 specifications for more information. r14-20020a5d494e000000b0022efd79c5c1si2953902wrs.603 - gsmtp

SPF and DKIM are correctly setup for the account but i assume maybe there would be an extra SPF setting for gmail? I have googled it to death but cant find anything i understand, has anyone else had this issue and fixed it please?

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by gingerweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by gingerweb
Yes i have checked these thanks, they refer to a different error "From' header is missing" as mine is about " 550-5.7.1 duplicate To headers."
I will post to Gmail help and see if i can get anywhere there.
thanks

More
1 year 5 months ago #4 by bcraigie
Can you let us know if you get any solution to this please?  I'm getting the same error.

More
1 year 5 months ago #5 by gingerweb
Yep if i finjd the answer i will but nothing yet just returned mail and lots of it !

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #6 by Bigbunny
My ISP treats emails from LinkedIn forwarded from Google the same way. (I also had my ISP bouncing messages from the police.) The issue is usually that the recipient's ISP recognises it as likely to be SPAM, etc, and rejects it accordingly. This is frequently due to the host, or the IP address it uses for outgoing mail, as having been used for SPAM. Occasionally it will be the route it takes, often just one or a couple of IP addresses, is known for spamming. This latter one is usually seen when some mail goes and other is bounced. Checked the rejected mail (headers) to see what route it has taken.

BTW I assume blacklists have been checked.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Bigbunny. Reason: Added further info.

More
1 year 5 months ago #7 by gingerweb
Yes no blacklist issues and mail-tester.com reports 10/10 for this domain when sending email so everything is as right as it can be.

it is just when Kunena sends a bunch of emails to category subscribers that the gmail ones get rejected - all the other seem to get through.

This has been going on for weeks i cant find an answer to if anyone else has the same issue maybe it is a Kunena issue?

More
1 year 5 months ago #8 by rich
Unfortunately I don't know which Kunena version you are using, but in Kunena 6.0.4 some mail problems have been fixed.

More
1 year 5 months ago #9 by gingerweb
thanks - i am using 5.2.5.
My hosts have eventually decided that it is the mail headers sent out by the forum that are not RFC5322 compliant which Google enforces.
i will have a look at Kunena 6 - is that a simple upgrade from 5 on Joomla 3?

More
1 year 5 months ago #10 by rich
Upgrading should not be a problem, but I recommend try it with a clone on a test site first.
docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0
The following user(s) said Thank You: gingerweb

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds