Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question A users post has disappeared?

More
1 year 11 months ago #1 by OldCharlie
I don't know what I did but a users post has disappeared.   I was messing the selecting different templates.... Crypsis  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.5.2.82022-01-01 www.kunena.org Crypsisb3  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.5.2.82022-01-01 www.kunena.org Crypsisb4 I toggled between the three templates and now it seems some of the posts from users have disappeared.   Where did they go and how do I get them back?  Or maybe I did something else to lose the posts?   I don't know what I did to lose it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic A users post has disappeared?
Crypis is suitable in conjunction with a Joomla bootstrap 2 template,
for Crypsis b3 you need a Joomla bootstrap 3 template,
and for Crypsisb4 you need a Joomla bootstrap 4 template.
But switch between the Crypsis versions removes no posts, you see only a broken layout, if you choose the wrong Crypsis version.
I don' know what you (or a moderator?) did, but maybe you can find this message in the trash.

More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by OldCharlie
Which is the default Cypris template.  Maybe if I switch back to that one it will be there?    I looked and there is nothing at all in the trash?

More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by rich

Which is the default Cypris template.

Default is Crypsis, it's the system template. But you must use the template, which is adjusted to your Joomla template. I don't know your Jomla template and so I can't suggest, which Crypiss should be selected.

More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by OldCharlie
Hi, I can still access the posting by going to 7thheaven.cloud/lindy-alert/general-ques...-alert/6-lindy-alert

But when I try to moderate this from the above link I get the following:
403 Forbidden
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

The post is nowhere on my Kunena within my Joomla Website . I've checked the trash and it is nowhere.

Bill Cory

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #6 by rich
I called this link and saw that the "General Questions about Lindy Alert" section does not contain a published category. Without a category, there are no posts either. Please check in the category manager to see if the associated category is unpublished.

However, it looks to me like it was a category before and has been changed to a main section. You need to undo that.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by rich.

More
1 year 11 months ago #7 by OldCharlie
Hi, I'm still struggling to bring back the post that is available when I click on the URL link above.
But when I go to the Kunena Forum it is absent.
Again the website Forum is: 7thheaven.cloud/lindy-alert
The URL link showing the post that I can't put back into my Kunena: 7thheaven.cloud/lindy-alert/general-ques...-alert/6-lindy-alert

Here is a video I did of my struggle: billcory-pictures.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws...ogerspostproblem.mp4

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #8 by rich
I see the error even without your video. This topic is in the red marked area (see picture). So it must have been a category before, otherwise there would be no post in it.

Perform the following steps:
1. assign the "General questions about Lindy Alert" category as a child category of the "Fire Fighting Topics" category. It will look like this:

Fire Fighting Topics
- Swan Valley Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Hiring Firefighters
- Emergency Services Communications
- Fire Maps
- General Questions about Lindy Alert
--  Lindy Alert

2. go to the frontend and move the topics from the General Questions about Lindy Alert category to the Lindy Alert category.
3. as the last step, go back to the backend, and make the "General Questions about Lindy Alert" category to a section again, without parent.

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by rich.

More
1 year 11 months ago #9 by OldCharlie
I don't know how to move topics.   What time zone are you in.  Would you be willing to do a Zoom meeting if I gave you a Zoom meeting room.  You name the data and time.

More
1 year 11 months ago #10 by OldCharlie
It's working now.  Thank you!   I'm a newbie and still trying to understand sections, categories and topics.   It's confusing to me.   What is the database Kunena uses?  MariaDB or other.   Can I access the database to look at it?
Also how do I embed a map within the Kunena topic?  HTML code to embed a map.....
how to embed a url to a map in a kunena topic.

This is the map I want to embed.   gis.dnrc.mt.gov/apps/firemap/

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds