Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How do I send email to forum participants?

More
2 years 1 week ago #1 by brilliant1
Hello,

I am using Kunena 5.1.15 and Joomla 3.10x.

When I create a forum topic as a user, and I subscribe to that topic, I am not being notified when there is a new response from another user.

I tried logging in as two different test users, each posting to a topic, but have not seen any emails that tell either user that they have a new post to read.

The users are checking the "Subscribe" check box, but no notifications are going out.

How do I automatically send a notice when a reply has been posted?

Your help is appreciated!

- Ann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #2 by rich

I tried logging in as two different test users, each posting to a topic, but have not seen any emails that tell either user that they have a new post to read.

You must not be logged in with both at the same time. The one who should receive the mail must be logged out, because if he is logged in, he will see anyway in the forum when there is a new post.

More
2 years 1 week ago #3 by brilliant1
When I post on Facebook or Linkedin and someone replies, I receive a notice in email.

I want users on my site to receive email notices when others post on the forum.  

Note:  When I posted my question here on your Kunena forum, I checked the box to be notified of a reply.  I waited, but I did not receive an email from the forum.  I decided to log in again - now I see your reply.  I expected an email but did not receive it.

How do I set up Kunena so that users get an email when there is a post to a forum?

Your help is appreciated.

- Ann

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #4 by rich
Check your spam folder. Some mail providers like gmx treat Kunena mails as spam because so many are sent.

How do I set up Kunena so that users get an email when there is a post to a forum?

Please create a configuration report so I can see your configuration.  Configuration Report
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds