Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Meaning of Kunena Category symbols and "Poll" question

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #1 by brilliant1
Hello,

I have Kunena 5.1.19 installed on my Joomla 3.10 site.  Two questions that I cannot find an answer for in the documentation:

1. I see several symbols at the top of my "new topic" form.  A square, exclamation point, question mark, light bulb, heart, two arrows, an X, and a check mark.  What do these symbols mean?  Do they affect how the topic is prioritized or how the form (and forum) functions? 

2. My developer mentioned a "Poll" function in Kunena.  I cannot find any documentation on it. My developer cannot figure out how to set it up.  What is Poll and how do I set it up for a forum?

Many thanks for your assistance!

- Ann
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by brilliant1. Reason: adding image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #2 by Leen
well, those icons will be added to your topics, not to categories, you create them here ( www.kunena.org/docs/en/manual/backend/categories/category-icons ) And you can read that of polls here ( www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/polls )

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
2 years 1 week ago #3 by brilliant1
Thanks for the links.

I should have specified "Topic Icon" not "Category symbols"

See the image I attached previously.  I am pointing to 8 symbols next to the heading "Topic icon." 

Please explain, what does each icon mean?  For example, what are the two arrows?  What do the X and Check mark mean?  How are users supposed to choose which symbol?

Thanks again for your help.

More
2 years 1 week ago #4 by rich
A little imagination would be appropriate. You can disable these symbols in the configuration if you can't imagine anything under them (Kunena configuration-> tab Frontend -> Selectable Topic Icons - set to No).

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds