Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Quote fail

More
2 years 10 months ago #1 by Hifi2you
Quote fail was created by Hifi2you
Quote fails in google chrome.

When you "Quote" the writing dos´nt jump to next.There is a click on "red enter" and the font also jumps down, but after the topic has been sent and quoted again it is completely wrong.

Incidentally, the red line with the "enter" sign does not work on mobile with android. You can press them but nothing happens and the quote is just a continuation of what is to be quoted

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozfooty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #2 by Ozfooty
Replied by Ozfooty on topic Quote fail
Totally agree with the author here. Last few Kunena updates have been a joke. Completely stuffed up the quoting function, after latest update it is now even worse. When you quote, even on a desktop or tablet dropping the cursor down you cannot post outside the quoted area and if you quote on a quote, the second persons response becomes part he the original posters post along with yours (the second quote). 

It is just a disaster. Same with spell check and paste functions, now laborious compared the previous Kunena forum versions. I am sick of reporting it on here. New version comes out, problems not fixed in fact now even worse. Does anyone know what you are doing here? If you look at my screenshots, didn't even bother to quote in the end just replied.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_cars | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 3.0 | creationdate: November 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-10

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.5 | 2021-05-30 [ Ligeia ]    |
Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
|
Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.2.2

Modules: Kunena Login 5.2.2 | Kunena Search 5.2.2

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Ozfooty.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #3 by Ozfooty
As soon as I try to edit my own post which in which I quoted a previous post, it inserts my post into the other persons original post.  For heavens sake when are you going to fix it? It was never broken before you ruined it a couple of updates ago.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #4 by Ozfooty
Another example from my smartphone. As soon as you quote on an already quoted post, the second persons post is embedded into the original post.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5 by btc
Replied by btc on topic Quote fail
Because of this problem with quotes, my website is stuck on using K5.1.  I've been testing the various versions of K5.2 on a development site, but so far they're not good enough to move to the production site. I may end up disabling the quote button altogether, which isn't good, but Kunena is an important element of the website, especially because of Kunena Discuss.

The problem doesn't just occur when quoting from an earlier post, it happens when you surround any bit of text with quote tags.

I can work round it if I switch to Source view, but as soon as I revert to Edit view, any text after the end of the quoted section is moved into it. I imagine that the problem with editing lists mentioned in another thread is related.

Is there no possibility of Kunena reverting to the old editor? Or perhaps there's an alternative new editor that would work properly?

More
2 years 10 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Quote fail
I'm sorry, but it's not possible to go back, because the old editor is not supported anymore.
We have already reported some bugs to the CKEditor team and are working also hard to  find and fix them ourselves.
You can prevent some errors by not switching back and forth between normal and source mode.

Time to create page: 0.665 seconds