Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Recount statistics cron job?

More
2 years 10 months ago #1 by inspry
Hello,

We're having an issue on our forum where the topic counts keep being off. However, that issue is quickly fixed whenever we use the "recount statistics" tool. But we have to manually use it for the counts to be correct. Is there a way we could run the recount statistics function on a cron job or something a like? Totally possible for us to code a plugin to run it as well.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #2 by inspry
Replied by inspry on topic Recount statistics cron job?
Bumping this question. Hoping to get an answer.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #3 by jackyjoy123

Hello,

We're having an issue on our forum where the topic counts keep being off. However, that issue is quickly fixed whenever we use the "recount statistics" tool. But we have to manually use it for the counts to be correct. Is there a way we could run the recount statistics function on a cron job or something a like? Totally possible for us to code a plugin to run it as well.

Thanks!

thanks for the awesome information
jackyjoy

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by jackyjoy123.

More
2 years 9 months ago #4 by Bigbunny
I think people on the forum have responded to this so many times that they have got fed up with it as by searching the forum you should find the answer. If you are talking about overall postings and not individual topic postings then Kunena counts come from Joomla, and Joomla  used to, and probably still does, counts everybody that visits the Joomla site even if they never login etc.  So all those bots trying to access Joomla get counted.  If you do a manual recount it does reset the count for the forum temporarily but then gets set to the Joomla counts.  Now I am not responsible for any Kunena forums at present and when I was they were not the very latest so things may have changed a bit.  I suggest that you look into other forum postings on this subject that will probably have more up to date information if this has changed.  There is also a security issue as if BOTs get through, as more appear to be doing so on Kunena's own forum. then they will get counted at the topic level.  You may have deleted postings in a subject and though locally recalculated the original number may still be in the database.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5 by Kubik-Rubik
Hey Jackjoy,

The recounting is executed via Ajax requests running this function \KunenaAdminControllerTools::dorecount (administrator/components/com_kunena/controllers/tools.php).

You could extract the calls within this function into a custom CLI script or system plugin to automate this process.

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

More
2 years 9 months ago #6 by inspry

Hey Jackjoy,

The recounting is executed via Ajax requests running this function \KunenaAdminControllerTools::dorecount (administrator/components/com_kunena/controllers/tools.php).

You could extract the calls within this function into a custom CLI script or system plugin to automate this process.

Have success!

I did find that function and try to use it on a seperate script and allow the server to run a cron job on it, but it didn't seem to work as it was expecting soem sort of tokens from Joomla or the session? Unsure, but would it be possible for you to extract that working code for me and then I could run it with a cron job and see it it works?

Thanks! 

More
2 years 8 months ago #7 by inspry
Any update on this?

Time to create page: 0.700 seconds