Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question 401 Unauthorized appearing on logout

More
2 years 8 months ago #1 by AlexRag
I am trying to figure out why a user sees a 401 Unauthorized on logout.   They were in a category in which they only have view access, so I am not sure if its related to that.

Access Control Type: (not set) Options are Community Builder or Usergroups
Access level set to : Registered
User Groups Allowed To Post & Reply set to:  a registered usergroup they are not a part of

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by AlexRag
Update:  Actually now I am finding that anyone that logs out of any category is only accessible as a user ends up seeing the 401 Unauthorized message.

More
2 years 8 months ago #3 by rich

Access level set to : Registered

Update:  Actually now I am finding that anyone that logs out of any category is only accessible as a user ends up seeing the 401 Unauthorized message.

This is logical if access is only allowed for registered users. If the user logs out, they cannot see the content, and he gets this message. If you don't want that, you have to set the access to Public.

More
2 years 8 months ago #4 by AlexRag
If I set access level to public, then that would mean anyone can see the category or post.   Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of using ACL and restricting access to certain registered users?

It's just not an elegant way for for someone to exit a section of the forum meant for registered users.   It would be better to simply redirect to a page that is public. 

Or am I misunderstanding what you are suggesting?

More
2 years 8 months ago #5 by rich
Would be a workaround. I don't know which login module you use (CB or Joomla module). Go to the backend to Kunena -> Plugins -> Kunena - Joomla Integration and disable the Joomla Login. It disables the login on the Kunena menubar, and you must log in/out via the login module where you can set the landing page.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #6 by AlexRag
Thanks - Decent workaround option. It looks like the template I am using from 9themes isn't hiding the login menubar so I'll need to reach out to them to hide it properly, like Blue Eagle does.

I an using CB to control login and registration and can configure the logout redirection, but I am not sure how to get it to work with the Kunena menubar. Is there such an option?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by AlexRag.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds