Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Posts on hold ID #3?

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #1 by inspry
Posts on hold ID #3? was created by inspry
Hi all,

So, this issue/question is very code related. Our client wanted us to build a plugin to get a report of all of the "soft-deleted" messages on the forum every month. We went ahead and built it since I figured out that a deleted message has the hold code of 2 in the database.

We sent out the report to them to check over and they told us that some deleted posts are missing from the report. They gave us some message IDs to check in the database, and when I did, the posts come back with the hold code of 3:  www.screencast.com/t/IFD27btOc

I can't seem to figure out what "3" is since I can't even find it referenced in the code.

Does anyone know what that hold ID is? And why is it included with deleted posts? Some of the posts in the database with this hold code, I can't even find on the forum's front-end.

Any help would be appreciated!
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by inspry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Posts on hold ID #3?
It's not the same, whether a moderator delete single messages, or a topic with the Moderation button.
Deleted single messages get the ID 2
Messages which deleted with the moderation button "Delete Topic" get the ID 3
Example: Create a topic with 3 messages and delete a single message.
Afterwards delete the complete topic with the Moderation button.
You have now 1 message with ID 2 and two messages with ID 3
It makes sense, because if you restore this topic, it restores only the messages with ID 3.

More
2 years 10 months ago #3 by inspry
Replied by inspry on topic Posts on hold ID #3?

It's not the same, whether a moderator delete single messages, or a topic with the Moderation button.
Deleted single messages get the ID 2
Messages which deleted with the moderation button "Delete Topic" get the ID 3
Example: Create a topic with 3 messages and delete a single message.
Afterwards delete the complete topic with the Moderation button.
You have now 1 message with ID 2 and two messages with ID 3
It makes sense, because if you restore this topic, it restores only the messages with ID 3.

So, you're saying that since the starting topic has been deleted, then the messages under it have been deleted as well, which results in the ID of 3?
Just trying to make sure I understand so I can clarify why this is happening to our client.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Posts on hold ID #3?

So, you're saying that since the starting topic has been deleted, then the messages under it have been deleted as well, which results in the ID of 3?

No, it just has to do with how posts are deleted. You have two possibilities to delete messages.
If you delete messages one by one, all these deleted messages have ID 2
And you can delete a complete topic with one click. All these deleted messages get the ID 3

The following user(s) said Thank You: inspry

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds