Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question User topic icon set

More
3 years 2 days ago #1 by peach
User topic icon set was created by peach
How can I modify the icon set for user posts? Is this a Kunena configuration item or something related to my template?

I'd also love to be able to define different icons for different categories, but I know this is a stretch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 days ago #2 by rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9themestore

More
3 years 1 day ago #3 by peach
Replied by peach on topic User topic icon set
Thank you, this does allow me to replace those icons, however there are 12 icons in that folder by default and only 8 of them are displayed. How can I update the names and number of icon options?

Also, the latest version of Kunena does not include a 'category settings' tab when editing a category as referenced in the documentation. I would love to be able to specify icons on a 'per category' basis, but if that is no longer allowed, I certainly understand.

I greatly appreciate your help!

More
3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic User topic icon set

I'd also love to be able to define different icons for different categories

This works if you create a separate folder for each category like own_topic_icons own_topic_icons_2 and so on...

Thank you, this does allow me to replace those icons, however there are 12 icons in that folder by default and only 8 of them are displayed. How can I update the names and number of icon options?

There are only 11, but you can use the remaining 3 if you use the legacy symbols. These are only commented out in the topicicons.xml

Go to your own icon folder and change the lines 22 until 24 in the topicicons.xml
from
Code:
<!-- icon id="5" name="grin" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_GRIN" src="user/grin.png" / --> <!-- icon id="6" name="shock" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_SHOCK" src="user/shock.png" / --> <!-- icon id="7" name="smile" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_SMILE" src="user/smile.png" / -->
to
Code:
<icon id="5" name="grin" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_GRIN" src="user/grin.png" /> <icon id="6" name="shock" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_SHOCK" src="user/shock.png" /> <icon id="7" name="smile" published="1" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_SMILE" src="user/smile.png" />

I would love to be able to specify icons on a 'per category' basis, but if that is no longer allowed, I certainly understand.

That is still possible. docs.kunena.org/en/manual/backend/categories/category-icons
Last edit: 3 years 1 day ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.776 seconds