Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Incompatibility between Kunena and Helix Ultimate II

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #1 by godorizzi
Hello,
I am having a hard time figuring out what could cause an issue with my website:  www.flavioodorizzi.com/forum/

I am using Helix ultimate II as template and Kuena.
Chrome DevTools shows an error: 
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).modal is not a function at HTMLDocument.

that I suspect is making the forum's template messed up and partially not working (e.g.: the "action" and "moderation" buttons are not functional at all).

I googled a bit and it turns out this could be related to a conflict between jquery and bootstrap, but I am at loss as what to do to solve this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by godorizzi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #2 by ssnobben
hope you get this sorted I plan to use Helix Ultimate v2 with Joomla 4 & Bootstrap 5 with php 8 support.

More
3 years 1 week ago #3 by rich
We don't have a template for Bootstrap 5 yet and for Joomla 4 will be available Kunena 6. This version is under development and not yet ready.

More
3 years 1 week ago #4 by xillibit

hope you get this sorted I plan to use Helix Ultimate v2 with Joomla 4 & Bootstrap 5 with php 8 support.

Kunena 5.2.x supports already Php 8.0.x like Joomla! since 3.9.24

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 1 week ago #5 by godorizzi
Hi rich,

so is this an incompatibility between Kunena's Bootstrap 4 and my template's Bootstrap 5?

​​​​​​Is there a workaround? 

Thanks

More
3 years 1 week ago #6 by rich
I'm sorry, but I don't know a workaround.
But I see on your web site other errors which are present outside from Kunena pages like on Contattami
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).collapse is not a function
or
Dove lavoro
Code:
This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly.
Therefore, I think errors are generally present. In principle the forum looks good. I'm not sure if it's a good suggestion, to ignore the errors. But if your forum in spite of this warning works, it would be a possibility.

More
3 years 1 week ago #7 by godorizzi
Hi,
thanks for the reply. I fixed some of the errors you mentioned, but I am not sure those are the root cause of my problem.
As you said, the forum looks good (ish) but it is not fully functional (quick reply, action and moderate buttons are not responding).
This issue came up when Helix Ultimate switched to Bootstrap 5 (beta 2). So, I am not sure what is causing the issue. Is Kuena not supporting Bootstrap 5? Will it ever be supported?

Thank you!

More
3 years 1 week ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

We are working on Kunena 6.0 which is in alpha stage to work on Joomla! 4.0, but we have only a Kunena template working with Bootstrap 4 we need to make an another template for Boostrap 5.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: godorizzi

More
3 years 1 week ago #9 by godorizzi

Time to create page: 0.660 seconds