Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Usability Bug with Quote replies?

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #1 by ianrispin
I am using the latest Joomla and Kunena.

When any user uses the Quote feature to reply to a post including a Quote from the OP....

The text editor opens up showing the quote - OK so far.

But instead of the cursor being positioned below the quote ready for the user to start typing,
it is positioned on the last line of the quote.

So in order to type their reply the user has to:

- click into the edit window
- notice they are inside the quote
- click to move the cursor to the end of the quote
- hit return to add a line to the quote
- hit the quote block button to unblock the line they are on
- start typing their reply

This is pretty complicated - a few of my expert forum users have worked it out but for most users it is not going to work.

I've noticed that this Kunena Support forum has pretty much the same issue.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by ianrispin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozfooty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by Oerlybird
With a smartphone quoting is practically impossible!

I click under the last line of the quotet text and get the red line. Then I click on the red return button. The red line disappears and the cursor jumps back to the last line of the last quoted text!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozfooty

More
3 years 1 month ago #3 by Ozfooty
Yes it is messy, I have had to educate my members how to use the new quote function. Why doesn't it just drop the cursor outside the quotes at the bottom?

More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by Ozfooty

I click under the last line of the quotet text and get the red line. Then I click on the red return button. The red line disappears and the cursor jumps back to the last line of the last quoted text!
Same here and now scroll doesn't work on desktop when using Quote to scroll down to highlight the red line. Have to arrow the cursor down. this is just getting ridiculous. Time wasting.

More
3 years 1 month ago #5 by Slacker

Same here and now scroll doesn't work on desktop when using Quote to scroll down to highlight the red line. Have to arrow the cursor down. this is just getting ridiculous. Time wasting.

There is another quote-bug also this post=216277

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds