Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Two SEO issues using Kunena

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #1 by ianrispin
I am trying to SEO optimise my kunena forum and am using various tools to benchmark / grade the forum pages.

Two issues keep being flagged:

1) Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Having this text appear 10 times on the page is flagged for duplicate/spam links.

2) Replied by Username on topic Example Topic Title

Having this text appear 10 times on the page is flagged for duplicate/spam links.

As well as being an SEO issue I think the over repetition of the above 2 items is also a significant usability issue.

Screen real estate is limited on a mobile - why do we need to tell the user 10 times which topic they are on?
It is much harder to follow the flow of the conversation when it is constantly interrupted by the same repeated text.

It would be great to have a config option to switch off both of these repeated texts.

For now I am using Rereplacer to strip out the Login prompt.

I am looking into whether it could also strip out the superfluos topic titles using regex.

Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by ianrispin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #2 by ianrispin
Very happy - found nice clean solutions to my 2 problems using Joomla language overrides.

1)  To remove repeating message - Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Add one new language override.

Original value:
COM_KUNENA_LOGIN_PLEASE = "Please %s %s to join the conversation."

My new values:
COM_KUNENA_LOGIN_PLEASE = ""

I think this is better than other solutions I have seen on forum for this issue (using CSS).

2)  To remove repeating message - Replied by Username on topic Example Topic Title

Added 2 language overrides:

Original values:
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW = "<em>%2$s</em> was created by <em>%1$s</em>"
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW = "Replied by <em>%1$s</em> on topic <em>%2$s</em>"

My new values:
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW = "Topic posted by <em>%1$s</em>"
COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW = "Reply from <em>%1$s</em>"

The resulting view is much, much cleaner in my opinion.

You can follow the flow of the conversation with no clutter and distractions.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by ianrispin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds