Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Strange behaviors in 5.2.1 version

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by ita4012
Hi.

I noticed strange behaviours when using the new editor, added to 5.2.1 kunena version.

First of all, I noticed that there is no correspondence between the chosen emoticons (smileys) and those ones that appear in the published post.

Moreover, I can't understand how the tool to insert videos works. I mean, I choose a provider (e.g. youtube), insert a video ID (like I did in the previous kunena version), and nothing appears. The only way to insert a video is to type the video Url in the tool, but it's quite unuseful like this (since I could just type the video Url in the post).

Below, an example of what happens.

[video type=YouTube size= width=450 height=225]J6tfiboILjU[/video]

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ita4012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #2 by mlines
My users are reporting weird inconsistencies in editing as well. None are reliably re-produceable to properly fault them but we have seen:

1. Attachment insert into message body not working, user had to type the URL (similar to the above Youtube issue)
2. User could not edit his own post. Managed to select all the text and then repaste it back but message cannot be editied or handled further as it says "Empty Post" despite the text being visible

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : a4joomla-countryside3r | author: a4joomla.com | version: 3.4 | creationdate: July 2013

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.1 | creationdate: 2020-12-27

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.1 | 2020-12-27 [ Hebe ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AltaUserPoints 1.1.14 | UddeIM 3.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.2 | Kunena Login 5.1.2

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by mlines.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by xillibit

ita4012 wrote: Hi.

I noticed strange behaviours when using the new editor, added to 5.2.1 kunena version.

First of all, I noticed that there is no correspondence between the chosen emoticons (smileys) and those ones that appear in the published post.

Moreover, I can't understand how the tool to insert videos works. I mean, I choose a provider (e.g. youtube), insert a video ID (like I did in the previous kunena version), and nothing appears. The only way to insert a video is to type the video Url in the tool, but it's quite unuseful like this (since I could just type the video Url in the post).

Below, an example of what happens.

[video type=YouTube size= width=450 height=225]J6tfiboILjU[/video]

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Hello,

It's a known issue in Kunena 5.2.1, it's fixed in developpement version of Kunena 5.2.2

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by fiat4x4.gr
I have  the same problem  with you. I confirm the strange behaviors in K5.2.1 and mainly with the new editor. As you can see  here  and  here  I cant manage to write a right post with the first try and I must edit it after I submit it.
Also I want to ask: Where is the preview button?

Thank you for your time.

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by Slacker
You see the preview, but if you click on Source you wll see source of the post and be able to correct errors in quoting posts. For quoted posts you have to click under the text. A red line appears with an arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and you wll get a line break and then you can write the message. Alternatively click on Source and write there after quote.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds