Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Error with anonymous posts with setting "Show username = no"

More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by bytekulturmaya
Hello

I think I noticed a bug.

If I go to NO in the "Show user name" settings, i.e. output the real name, it shows the name of the user when I enter an anonymous post. If I change this option again (show username = YES), then everything works fine.

I did a lot of overrides in the template. But the problem also persists if I deactivate all overrides and choose one of the standard templates.

Kunena version: 5.1.19
Joomla: 3.9.21

Kind regards
Maya
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by rich

I think I noticed a bug.

Many thanks, you're right. I've created a bug ticket.

More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by bytekulturmaya
Hello
Do you know when a BugFix is out for the Problem... We would like to go online with our site, but with this bug we really can't...

Kind regards,
Maya

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
I have no idea what priority has this bug. It is extremely rare that someone allows anonymous writing, because not even the admin knows who have posted. It's in principle the same as Guest write access.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 6 months ago #5 by bytekulturmaya
Thank you for the information!
I created a "terrible" hack, which now sets all DB entries (topics & messages) with user-id 0 to the name "Anonymus" ... so we can at least go online and I didn't have to do a core change on the Kunena Forum.

I really hope that the bug will be fixed at some point.
Kind regards, Maya

More
3 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
Somehow I don't understand the whole thing. On the one hand you choose in the Kunena configuration that the real name is displayed, and on the other hand you don't want that.

More
3 years 6 months ago #7 by bytekulturmaya
somehow you are right ;-)
these are all customer requests, but I have to argue a little more i guess...
thanks for your inputs!

Time to create page: 1.543 seconds