Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to translate Rank titles?

More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by plix
Hello Friends,

I run a multilingual website (4 languages: en, fr, es, pt). How to translate the Rank titles (New Member, Junior Member, Senior Member etc)? I would like them to automatically get translated when the site language changes from the frontend? Is it even feasible to create language strings for them? What is the best approach to achieve this Rank Title translation?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I had added this change in the developpement version of Kunena, so you will find this change in next version (5.2)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plix

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by plix
Replied by plix on topic How to translate Rank titles?
Hi xillibit,
You guyz from the Kunena Team are just awesome! Thanks for considering this concern.
Any ETA on this next release?
Thanks

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

We are actually in alpha stage for the 5.2 version, i can't say when it will released

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by plix
Sounds great. Thanks

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by plix
By the way, it will be implemented for both existing and custom ranks (created ranks by the admin), right?

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic How to translate Rank titles?
Yes, it works also for your own ranks, if you enter instead of the rank name a language code such as COM_KUNENA_SAMPLEDATA_OWN_RANK1

So you can create a language override for each language.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plix

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by plix
Thanks a lot. I am happy :)

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds