Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Display content ONLY for Topic Author

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1 by fruhl
Hello - I would like to hide/show some content only for the topic author

Essentially, in a Topic - I want my CSS rules to apply only for the Topic Author when viewing their own Topic.

I do not want this CSS to trigger when all Joomla Authors access the topic - only the single Topic Author.

Any advice would be appreiated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but that's not possible.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3 by fruhl
I may have been a bit too general in my question - I know this is not available in any of the configuration settings etc.
I am expecting to add/change code to achieve this.

What I am looking for is essentially the behaviour that the "Edit" button in a Topic already does.

The "Edit" button only appears for the Topic author or admins.

Maybe I can just add some code to also append a css property when this button is called? I am just new to Kunena and I am not sure where these functions are found.

Thanks

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4 by rich
No idea, but I think it will not be easy, because it has to do with user access rights. If your main problem is the edit option, maybe it would be a workaround for you, if you choose "'User can edit only the first message of a topic". So it's possible for the topic author to edit his first message, but nobody can edit his answer.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds