Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question big prob!!! user profiles are indexed in google search index

More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by martinsai
Hi Guys,
today 1 user called me to say that if she googles her name, it is indexed together with her kunena profile. see pic
She is pretty upset. And i checked and found many more kunena users in google index from this website. although the forum in this case is only for registered users!
How the hell can i avoid this???
I will immedeately write some into the robots.txt
plz help me with some advice! What's wrong here?
cheers, martinsai
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by martinsai

More
3 years 7 months ago #3 by rich

How the hell can i avoid this???

By checking your configuration. I've visited your forum and it isn't only for registered users available.
If you set the option in the Kunena configuration -> tab Security -> Registered Users Only to Yes, you get as guest this hint .(see image)

More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by martinsai
Hi Rich, thnx for reply, but does this step solve my problem as mentioned above? I need registered users to be hidden in google search index. and all the statistics of kunena forum is also in google search index. this should be hidden, too.

More
3 years 7 months ago #5 by martinsai
it seems you are right! now if I go to gogle and search for this forum or some certain forum members, I cant open that certain page any more or rather it gives the note that only members can participate.....and thus they will dissaapear from google index after some while.
I also wrote "Dissallow: /forum" into the robots.txt

thnx for reply!

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #6 by rich

Hi Rich, thnx for reply, but does this step solve my problem as mentioned above? I need registered users to be hidden in google search index. and all the statistics of kunena forum is also in google search index. this should be hidden, too.

With this setting is the forum generally available only for registered users, therefore not readable for Google Bots.
There are additional the setting (tab security) "Allow Guests to see Userlist" and "Allow Guests to see User Profiles" this makes sense if you want a part of the forum available for public. Also in this case Google can read only the parts which are available for public.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 1.383 seconds