Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Guest account and private messaging

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by Ozfooty
Hi guys, I am looking at giving restricted access to some members who in the past have been banned. Is it possible to let them create a Guest account where maybe they don't have private message privileges? Can you also limit how many posts per day an individual user can make? I think I enabled Guest messaging a little while back but i can't see a guest message box, i think i might have instructed my freelancer to remove it.

Also how does Guest login work? Can they still use a name or does it just show as Guest?

Or, are there such options in a user pays version? Where maybe you can set a limit of say, 3 posts per day (free), limit of 10 per day for $X or unlimited for $X?

Thank you in advance.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 2048M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_cars | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 3.0 | creationdate: November 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.14 | 2019-08-13 [ Nix ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Login 5.1.2 | Kunena Search 5.1.2

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Ozfooty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
== Topic moved (is not a question about Blue Eagle) ==

I am looking at giving restricted access to some members who in the past have been banned. Is it possible to let them create a Guest account where maybe they don't have private message privileges?

What do you mean with "private message"? Kunena has no PM system.

Can you also limit how many posts per day an individual user can make?

Unfortunately, no.

I think I enabled Guest messaging a little while back but i can't see a guest message box, i think i might have instructed my freelancer to remove it.

Also how does Guest login work? Can they still use a name or does it just show as Guest?

You can allow to write access for guests in certain categories. You can to define whether guests can only to answer on an existing topic or create new topics too (click on category -> Category Permissions).
But all are displayed as Guest so you don't know if it's a new or an ex user.

Or, are there such options in a user pays version? Where maybe you can set a limit of say, 3 posts per day (free), limit of 10 per day for $X or unlimited for $X?

Maybe it's possible with a plugin, similar as here. If you buy Blue Eagle, you get access to the Blue Eagle category.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds