Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Pass IP of banned user with NO POSTINGS to Stopforumspan?

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by ernst67
Hello all,

On our forum we are getting a vast amount of fake registrations. Most of these users never post anything, but in their signature they refer to commercial websites (HP Printer Support / Essay writing service / etc)

I've signed up to Stopforumspam some years ago and activated the function in Kunena.
If I ban a member without postings, but with a spam signature I get the message "The report can't be sent because no IP given". When the user did make a post I get a confirmation he has been reported to the Stopforumspam DB.

Is it possible that upon banning a user without a post the registration IP address is passed on to Stopforumspam also? Sometimes the spammers are smart and even wait a few days after registration and then add the commercial info into the signature of the profile.....
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by ernst67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Kunena does not have her own registration, it's only a redirect to the Joomla registration. So far as I know, Joomla does not store the IPs of new users.

More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by ernst67
Thanks for the info.

I thought I saw the IP logging somwhere in the Kunena configuration, but was about the logging of postings, not the registration.

I will first find out if IP logging of registrations is possible. If so, then it might be an option to consider. if not, than it's a long route.

More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by rich
Maybe you find here an extension. extensions.joomla.org/instant-search/?je...query%5D=IP%20Logger
But you will never prevent real spam users when registration is allowed. I know the tricks of the spam users, and they are a lot, but the IPs are rarely the same.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds