Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Is there a way to export or save Threads & Posts?

More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by GJSchaller
An old Joomla / Kunena site of mine is about to be retired, for good, and will be going offline.

Some users have asked me if there's an easy way to save or export their favorite Threads, for reference later when the site is offline.

Does anyone know of a way to bulk export a thread to a file (Doc, Text, or other), or would they need to manually do it for each one?

Thank you for your help!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but I don't know an easy way. Possible would be a clone. Open the topic, click with right mouse and save the website. Then you have a clone of this page on your pc. It's a folder and a html file with the title of this topic (see image). If you open this html you see the topic also if your forum already is closed.

A problem could be, if a topic have many pages. You must do it for each one pages. So it would be good, if you set in the backend a high value for messages per page so that even long topics have only few pages.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by GJSchaller
Thank you - That is what I figured, but I was not sure.
I'd like to suggest a Print feature for Kunena - it can leverage the Print functionality of Joomla, and might be a quick way to export a thread by printing it / saving it to PDF.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds