Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Change table type from MyISAM to InnoDB to enable encryption

More
4 years 6 days ago #1 by sohopros
For Kunena (v5.1.16) we are currently using MariaDB 10.2 with the MyISAM engine. We would like to switch to the InnoDB engine so that we can enable encryption of data at rest. Does anyone know if using ALTER table to switch from MyISAM to InnoDB will cause any issues with existing tables?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 days ago #2 by 810
Yes, it can cause a number of troubles. However, troubles are rare.

All the 'troubles' I know of are listed: mariadb.com/kb/en/converting-tables-from-myisam-to-innodb

(Do not change tables in the databases mysql or information_schema or performance_schema; that will cause serious trouble.)

More
4 years 1 day ago #3 by sohopros
Thanks for getting back to me. Let me ask a different question. This is going to sound dumb but is there any reason Kunena can't use an InnoDB engine for its tables?
- JA

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds