Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Emails as usernames

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by lmcclain
Emails as usernames was created by lmcclain
I have my settings set to NOT display emails for my forum users. However, some of the registered users have an email as their username which displays at bottom where online members show.

Any way to get emails not to display? Have users re register?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Emails as usernames
When the username is an email address it will handlet as username and be displayed in the user list.
Edit the register form and add in your User - Terms and Conditions, it's outright forbidden to use email addresses as username.

Any way to get emails not to display?

I see no way unless you blend out the complete online statistic.

Have users re register?

I don't know your Joomla configuration. If you allow to change the username, you can change the username without re-registering.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #3 by lmcclain
Replied by lmcclain on topic Emails as usernames
Rich,

This is incredibly helpful. Thank you. Yes we do allow username changes. However every time our users try to change their usernames it saves without actually making the change.

I can go in make the change but they cannot when the setting should make it available for them.

Thoughts?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by lmcclain.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Emails as usernames

However every time our users try to change their usernames it saves without actually making the change.

You must enable this in the Joomla user setting (Users -> Manage -> Options).

More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by lmcclain
Replied by lmcclain on topic Emails as usernames
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 256m | Max file upload: 8m

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : J51_Fedora | author: Joomla51 | version: 1.0 | creationdate: November 2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.8 | creationdate: 2022-01-01

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.8 | 2022-01-01 [ Alcora ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.2

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds