Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Subscription Prefferences - User Choice

More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by steve1986
Hi, is there a way that users can either opt in or out on their profiles to whether they get emails i.e. when new topics are created (not just check this box to be notified of replies to this topic).

Our forum is setup to send everyone an email when a new topic is added, but they can't choose whether or not they get them.

As a user on this forum, I can't see that I have an option to do so.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
Users can disable the option in their profile (Profile -> Edit -> Forum Settings). When subscription is disabled, indeed the checkbox remain but is not marked and the user get no mail.
This works for new topics/messages and categories, but currently subcribed topics/categories the users must unsubscribe.

More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by steve1986
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your response.

Is there an option to create private categories? The issue for us is that our previous developer built our system, however hid a lot of functionality.

Currently, we have separate categories setup and members will be part of these categories, if you're not assigned to these categories, you cant see the posts within them.

If a topic is raised and you are part of this category, you will receive an email. However we want users to be able to decide whether or not they receive these emails but still be assigned to the categories i.e. they can login and see them but wont be notified when a topic is posted.

Does this sound like something the system can do?

Again, appreciate your response.

More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by rich

Is there an option to create private categories? The issue for us is that our previous developer built our system, however hid a lot of functionality.

Yes, you can create private categories for certain members. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/categories-only-for-certain-user-groups

If a topic is raised and you are part of this category, you will receive an email. However we want users to be able to decide whether or not they receive these emails but still be assigned to the categories i.e. they can login and see them but wont be notified when a topic is posted.

Please see my previous post above.

I recommend that you disable the option in the Kunena Configuration (tab) Users -> Check Subscription Box. So every user can decide for themselves, whether he want subscribe a category or not. Email you get only for subscribed topics or categories.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #5 by Chimpanzer
We have separate categories setup and members will be part of these categories, if you're not assigned to these categories, you cant see the posts within them.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by rich. Reason: Quote removed

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds