Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Private category viewing ??

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by clippy3
Is it possible to have a category (public viewing) that has a forum category that the public can see (just the category header/decription) But have the actual posts only viewable to a special group (I.e. authors)?

I want to create a forum category/sub category that works like an advert for joining - such as "active members only" but when a non member clicks they get told they cannot see so they should join up before being able to view any of the post..

I can achieve this by making the category only viewable by registered members (and the posts only viewable to a "special group") but this hides the category title and description as well from public view - I need the public to see the category title and the sub text "ala - join if you want to see what's here" to prompt them to join because there something they cannot see.

Cheers!
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by clippy3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Private category viewing ??
If you create a public category, than you can use the option "Hide Replies For Guests" in the Configuration -> Security. Guests see only the first message of a topic. When enabled, users must be login before reading the answers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clippy3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds