Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Announcements

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by cgwarder
Announcements was created by cgwarder
Hi. I am trying to get announcements to work but have had no luck.

I am using Kunena 5.1.12.1, crypsis template, Joomla 3.9.3, php 7.3.2, apache 2.4.6, mysql 5.6.40, SEF enabled, SEF Rewrite disabled, joomshaper empire template 1.8 (helix3 framework)

In the FAQ, it says there is an announcements link in the user profile - I did not see anything and I am global moderator and Joomla super user. So I used the URL - /forum/announcement/list

I was able to get to the announcements control panel.

I added an announcement. An announcement appeared on any forum page but there is an error message -

Rendering error in layout widget/module: call to a member function cachedCompile() on null in /plugins/system/helix3/core/helix3.php on line 770.

It seemed to have a problem with the less compiler and helix3 framework for the empire template.

I looked at the front end on a regular user's browser, there was no error message - which is good. The alert was displayed.

I had created a while ago, a custom joomla module with some content and made the position kunena_announcement. This is another way to make an announcement. It never displayed in the forum. With a new announcement created, now this module displays in the forum but only for regular users - not for super users. So now I have two announcements - the joomla module and the announcement.

The issue is that the module in the position kunena_announcement will only display if there is a kunena announcement and for regular users only. Also, there is an error for super users above an announcement.

Therefore, I can unpublish the module in position kunena_announcement and add any announcements.

Update -- I unpublished the Joomla module in the kunena_announcement position. The rendering error went away. This module was causing the error message problem.

My site is on a company intranet so you won't be able to access it.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by cgwarder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Announcements
A better position would be kunena_top, so you can choose, if the announcement is displayed on all Kunena pages or only at custom menu items such as Index, Recent Topics and so on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds