Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Question about strange users

More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by Quincyto
Hello!

Since some months ago, i detect that once every 2/3 months appears a registered user posting some random topic with a hidden link, has anyone else had this issue?

I've captcha to register users, etc.

Regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by Bigbunny
This is possibly a Joomla and not a Kunena issue. There have been quite a few back doors in Joomla over the years that have gradually been closed or tightened up. This is one of the reasons why it is recommended that extensions, plugins, etc not being used even if core are disabled. (It was also recommended to change the administrator page to another name as well as the admin account. Or preferably create another admin account under a different name and disable the original administrators account.) It's possible for a bot to gain entrance by these means as well as human input. If you have not installed I would suggest that you also install Siteground's Hackguard that as far as I know still free even if not a SG customer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quincyto

More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Question about strange users

Quincyto wrote: Hello!

Since some months ago, i detect that once every 2/3 months appears a registered user posting some random topic with a hidden link, has anyone else had this issue?

I've captcha to register users, etc.

Regards!

The captcha is not helpful when a real user registered and post spam. Also for spambots the captcha seems not always an obstacle (that's only my personal opinion). Spam users are never be avoidable if registrations are allowed.The spam users use probably the color codes to make hide the links.

More
4 years 11 months ago #4 by Slacker
My experience is EasyCalcCheck PLUS - ECC+ is better than Captcha. In the settings for this plugin you can active it för Kunena. This plugin uses mathematical problems:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/easycalccheck-plus/

More
4 years 11 months ago #5 by John
Replied by John on topic Question about strange users
No matter what security you implement....if you allow users to register, spammers can register manually....I see an increase in manual registrations, even filling in questions that are very specific and are manually checked by admin.

More
4 years 11 months ago #6 by Slacker
Yes, I have som human spammers too. They seems to come from poor countries and I read that they get 0,25 cent per spam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quincyto, john2days

More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Quincyto
Thanks you everyone, i accepted the situation... seems that every X time some user is registered and post automatically some randome topic with a hide link... anyway i'm checking how to improve my webpage security.

Thanks!!

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds