Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Quick reply content not preserved when switching to full editor

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by tcn
We have the local storage options enabled, but quick reply content is not moved to the editor when the user decides to switch. However, it does seem to work partially. While testing, I saw that my previous edit is saved when I reopen the quick reply modal after the failed attempt to switch to the editor. I also know that it works when I start in the editor, navigate somewhere else, and then return to the editor.

Just switching from quick reply to editor, maybe the most common use case, doesn't work.

[hr]

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : astroid_template_zero | author: JoomDev | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: Nov 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.9 | creationdate: 2019-02-15

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.9 | 2019-02-15 [ Kerberos ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by rich

I also know that it works when I start in the editor, navigate somewhere else, and then return to the editor.

This is the option "Recover crash and store fields". If you navigate back or somewhere else it will noticed as abort (crash) and the content will stored and restored.

We have the local storage options enabled

I don't think, this setting is for that. You can test it with Crypsis, it works with it also if this option is disabled. I've added a notice in our bug list.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by tcn
The tooltips suggest otherwise (see screenshots).

Load Localstorage should enable users to hide notifications and collapse categories that they no longer wish to see. However, that doesn't work either in our setup. I can close notifications and collapse categories, but they will be restored refreshing the page or revisiting the page.

I cannot switch to Crypsis in production. It will break the layout completely. I'll see what I can do in our test environment.

PS: Regarding the global RSS feed issue, which you already closed. Your explanation is clear. But the text next to the option needs to be clarified then: Specify a list of categories (separated by comma) to be excluded in all feeds. Leave empty to ignore feature. There is no mention of category IDs. Allowing for both IDs and aliases, would be enhancement in my opinion.
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by rich

The tooltips suggest otherwise (see screenshots).

You've convinced me. It's already in the bug list.

PS: Regarding the global RSS feed issue....

The text is already adjusted for the next release.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by tcn

rich wrote: You've convinced me. It's already in the bug list.

I just saw that one of my messages was preserved even after having posted it. That's weird and probably not the intended behavior. The chain of events was:
  1. User posts message.
  2. I reply.
  3. I do something else. Post another reply in a different thread. I log out.
  4. User replies.
  5. I log back in. I reply to the user's reply and the editor is filled with my first reply.
If this should rather go directly into the bug on GitHub, let me know, and I will do that.

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds