Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Anonymous posting by a non member

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by derek hendry
Our forum is set up in this way, guests can see certain categories but cannot post, non-members can see certain categories and post, members can see all categories and can post.

A post has been put up by someone called anonymous as their username and a rank of visitor. We don't have a visitor rank first of all and I cannot see one in kunena. I have checked the IP address and comes back as a reported spammer.

How is this possible and what can we do to stop it. I have blocked the IP address but concerned that someone has posted without the necessary permissions or am I missing something here, help would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Slacker
As you know the time of the post and also the ip-adress of the poster you can look in access logs how this post was accomplished.

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by StudioTommy

derek hendry wrote: Our forum is set up in this way, guests can see certain categories but cannot post, non-members can see certain categories and post

Why do not you ban visitors from writing?
If you set that only registered users are allowed to write, this can not happen.

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by derek hendry
This is what we had done

The forum is set up so that only registered members can write posts.

Guests cannot write a post, we dont have a rank of visitor, where has this come from ?

More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by derek hendry
If i can explain further what non members are

We wanted to allow would be joiners of the club a way to ask questions, So we have two levels

non member

Both have to register in order to post, hope this clarifies

Guests and visitors should not be able to post, yet this person has

More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by StudioTommy
I do not know if I can help completely, but is there a link to the page where you can take a look?

More
5 years 2 months ago #7 by derek hendry
here is a link to the page, you can see that guests can read this section but not post on it, also as i say i dont know where visitor rank has come from, we dont have a rank called that.

www.gwocgb.co.uk/index.php/forum/welcome...parts-for-sale#22486

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds