Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to create a menu item to single topic

More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by toddjharrison
Hey all,

I'm attempting to create a menu item which links to a single topic to use as a vanity URL for use in-game where typing a long URL isn't viable.

There isn't an option to do this in the Kunena menu, so thought I'd just grab the URL and create the menu item using the 'URL' option under 'System Links'.

However, this results in a 404 error when attempting to use it.

TOPIC URL: trekcommander.space/forum/fleet-command/49-danpmk-s-galaxy-map

VANITY URL: trekcommander.space/map

I've got URL rewriting turned on and the .htaccess file properly set up (as in everything else is working, etc).

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Everything else is working perfectly. I suppose I could create an .htaccess redirect, but would rather accomplish this using the Joomla menu system if at all possible.

Thank you all in advance for the help!

Todd

--
Todd Harrison
Founder: MyUAP Report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
1. First open this topic and copy the url from the browser address.
2. Use "System Links -> URL" and enter the relative address such as forum/test-category-6/20-link-test (without slash at the beginning).
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by toddjharrison

rich wrote: 1. First open this topic and copy the url from the browser address.
2. Use "System Links -> URL" and enter the relative address such as forum/test-category-6/20-link-test (without slash at the beginning).

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply, but that's exactly what I've been doing, and it results in a 404 error.

It throws a 404 irrespective of whether or not the TLD is included in the URL field.

No idea why.

--
Todd Harrison

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #4 by toddjharrison
Ok, I've done some more testing on this, and still can't figure it out. I have recreated the Kunena menu using the Menu Manager in the Kunena back-end, but this still hasn't resolved the issue. The vanity URL is still returning a 404 error.

I'll paste in the config report below just in case that turns something up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_playstore | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.9 | creationdate: Nov 29, 2018

Kunena default template details : NTS KSamurai | author: Nice Theme Store | version: 5.2.6 | creationdate: 2018-11-14

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.8 | 2018-12-30 [ Janus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1 | Kunena Login 5.1.1 | Kunena Search 5.1.1

--
Todd Harrison
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by toddjharrison.

More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by rich
Your Kunena menu items are ok. But I don't think, that's a menu problem. I see no another way as a redirection, or you keep the original url. But maybe other users have a better solution.

More
5 years 3 months ago #6 by Leen
Good day,
can you tell us how you make the vanity url?
with which program or plugin?

L.v.d.A

Time to create page: 1.247 seconds