Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How can I uninstall Kunena & reinstall without loosing my data ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by Chacapamac
How can I uninstall Kunena & reinstall without loosing my data ?

I ask because i cannot have my user menu showing after the last upgrade...

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
You don't need to uninstall Kunena. If you delete all Kunena menu items and restore again, it should help.
docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues (use the trash-burn-build technique.)

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3 by Chacapamac
Thanks Rich, I did it! : :laugh:

I did it on a multilingual site (English & French) — Kunena 5.1.8

This is what I did (Your trash-burn-build technique)

Trash-burn-build technique:

1. Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum.
2. Empty the menu trash.
3. Use the Kunena Dashboard: Tools -> Menu Manager -> Restore Kunena Menu facility.
4. Publish the menu item created for you in your top-level/main menu.

Note for others:
When I went to the menu manager I saw that I have a “Invalid Menu Items” that I didn’t find at first, it was not trash but “unpublished” be sure to hunt them all.

Notes for multilingual sites: (e.g French/English)
• When you restore the menu (in 3) you get a Kunena menu created but set with “All language” - You need to changed it (in my case) to English

• You need to create the french equivalent menu (remember that you need different alias on all that) — I use the Joomla Batch tool to copy from the original menu (now for the english side) all the “Menu Items” to your newly created french menu and add the french language to them.

• Now you can rename your Menu Items name to reflect the language (translation)

• When Restore Kunena Menu (in 3) an unpublished Forum Item is created in your Main Menu (All languages) - Use the batch tools to copy this menu item into your English & french menu and assign to them their own language or creating them from scratch
— Picture is my settings for my Forum menu item for my french forum
— The menu item type should be a “Menu Item Alias” link to the Home page of your french or english Kunena menu

THE ONLY OLD PROBLEM is the fact that when the menu item “Forum” is clicked it still don’t take the “Active” state. This make the entire site look unprofessional and buggy.

I’m searching a way to force the active state (php, javascript or else) when loading page base on it’s ID,
Can you help?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Chacapamac. Reason: Miss

More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by rich

The menu item type should be a “Menu Item Alias” link to the Home page of your french or english Kunena menu

You need 2 menu items alias. One from the english main menu to the english Kunena menu item "Forum" and one from the french main menu to the french Kunena menu item "Forum" ( see my test page ).

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds