Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question "Recent Topics" page is slow

More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by mlines
My forum makes use of the Recent Topics page a lot. It is the landing page of choice when entering the forum from the main Joolma site for example.

It is taking around 11 to 12 seconds to load (based on Google analytics) compared to topic pages at around 2 secs.

I assume this is because it is indexing the posts to get the most recent whilst a topic page is directly accessing specific content.

Is there any way to speed the Recent Topics page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #2 by Slacker
For me Recent topics is 1,5 second exactly like forum index. Kunena 5.1.5 and Joomla 3.8.13 and PHP 7.2.11 500 000 forumposts.

When I updated to Kunena 5.1.4 it was errors in bootstrap loading and loading time of 10 seconds. This sound similar to that. Take a look in browser to down left to see what is loading.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Slacker.

More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic "Recent Topics" page is slow
Found it...

Somewhere in the last few weeks it has decided to load the User Stats module again. As I still suffer from the Sessions Database growing too large this module was hitting loading times. Cleared the sessions database and disabled the stats, now all fine

More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Slacker
My Joomla session table was a couple of weeks ago 25 GB from almost nothing. I had to empty the table and in Joomla general setting change session from database to PHP. Then I had no problem, but I got logged out after the change. PHP-sessions are stored in memory and is thus faster than database.

More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by mlines
My session is also set to PHP and I still cannot stop the session table growing??

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #6 by Slacker
I also installed the plugin Easy Session Killer. It did not work on the session table, but after I installed it and with PHP session the session table did not grow anymore.
joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloa...-easy-session-killer
PHP sessions is good for guests that are cached, because their session is independent of the bottleneck database server. A session is created for guests too.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Slacker.

More
5 years 5 months ago #7 by mlines
I also use PHP sessions and session killer but it has no effect for some reason (sessions still build in database)

More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by Slacker
I have probability 2 for setting for Easy Session Killer. Yesterday I updated to Joomla 3.9 and saw that some session files seemed to be changed.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds